We know that the kitchen is one of the focal points of any home, and it is the same for our YWAM community. We are looking for someone who loves preparing healthy food and overseeing the running of a kitchen. Is God calling you to step into this vital role at YWAM Seamill!?
• Lead the kitchen spiritually and practically.
• To ensure on time delivery of meals.
• Coordinate cooking rotas and provide positive and enthusiastic environment to kitchen personnel.
• Perform as main contact for all matters related to kitchen production, from health and safety to meal plans.
• Ensure health and safety requirements are being met as a team and that each staff member and trainee is well trained and knows said requirements.
• Food ordering, receiving orders and adequately storing food.
• Managing kitchen equipment: cleaning, maintaining, replacing.
• Managing budget for weekly meals and overall kitchen budget.
To fulfil the role well you should have:
• Good organisational skills.
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• The ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of people.
• The ability to manage a varied and complex workload.
• Kitchen experience and/or demonstrated competence.
• Management skills.
• Problem solving and decision making ability.
As the kitchen manager you would have a close relationship with our Leadership Team and be an active part of our community of radical world changers as we look to be missionaries in Scotland and the nations and to equip and release others to do the same. Jesus is at the centre of all we do, everything we do is spiritual and needs to be consecrated to God. This would include the role of Kitchen Manager as we see this as a critical role within our community life and not separate from the role of missions.
If you have done a YWAM-DTS and think this is you or for more info get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org